All Car Parts Limited is a member of the group of companies of which Vertu Motors plc is the holding company (each company being a Vertu entity).
The documents you receive from any Vertu entity will identify the relevant Vertu entity that you are dealing with in any particular instance.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR (as defined in The Data Protection, Privacy and Electronic Communications (Amendments etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 both as amended from time to time (together the Data Protection Legislation) and other applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy.
Who is responsible for your personal information?
We may share your personal information with other organisations that may receive and process your personal information as a data controller in their own right. Please see below for further information.
What information do we collect?
In particular, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, including those on our Websites and those on third-party websites that contain advertisements for our goods.
- When you enquire about or purchase a goods or services we collect personal information to respond to your enquiry and to process and complete your purchase.
- Details about the transactions you carry out with us including vehicle support services and purchases of goods.
- CCTV footage in which you feature when you visit our premises.
- Information contained in and records of communications between us, including e-mails, letters and text messages. We also record calls between us for training, monitoring and quality control purposes.
- Details of your device and Google ID if you SMS "sign" or open a document that we send to you by SMS.
- Information concerning your marketing preferences where these rely on consent.
- Information relevant to the insurance products that we sell that are provided by third parties.
- Information from you to enable us to propose you for finance, as required by the relevant third party finance company. This will include financial and employment information and verification documents.
- Details of diagnostic tests and work carried out on your vehicle including video footage and records of parts used.
- Some of our sites will use automatic number plate recognition technology to monitor vehicles visiting the site.
- If you follow or comment on social media posts from or shared by the Group, we may collect details that are part of your public profile on social media sites.
- Details supplied by you as part of a competition or prize draw entry.
- Your details and details of your current vehicle when you provide details to us on one of our Websites.
- If you sign up for a "My Car" account on one of our Websites, details of the vehicles that you have searched for, obtained quotations on or saved to your account, as well as details of any part-exchange or current vehicles you provide details of.
There may be circumstances when we collect special categories of personal data regarding your health, sexual orientation or criminal convictions, if you provide this information to us as part of a discussion regarding your vehicle or vehicle enquiry. In particular, if you use the Motability scheme, we may collect details about your disability and health to administer your application and verify your eligibility for the scheme.
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.